Who are we?
We are a group of driven professionals looking to change lives and transform the world through “Water Done Differently”. Our niche businesses are Battery Maintenance, Marine Care and Hydroponics. From strategic planning to corporate communications, we get creative. You can typically find us geeking out about the latest IoT innovation, a new plastic injection molding technique, or a consumer insight.
All things are led with Continuous Improvement and Program Management best practices. Although we embrace structure in setting goals, we seek ways to Question and Improve and challenge ourselves. New ways to improve the watering practices for forklift batteries? No problem. Better plumbing solutions for recreational boat manufacturers? Consider it done. What are we doing next? Join us to find out!
Flow-Rite Controls seeks a Graphic and Web Designer to join the Marketing team and help us think beyond tomorrow! Are you looking to Love What You Do? Are you passionate about questioning the status quo to improve? Do you believe in helping others succeed? Then Flow-Rite may be your perfect fit.
What you will be doing:
Flow-Rite’s Graphic and Web Designer will be a Help First individual who thrives on Thinking Beyond Tomorrow by creating expressive, fresh, and vibrant communications and visuals which represent the variety of quality products we offer to maintain and build relationships with Happy Customers.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Act as primary liaison between senior management, vertical markets, clients and the creative department.
- Manage and execute the design of all marketing communications materials, including literature, advertisements, electronic campaigns (marketing automation), direct mail, tradeshow signage, merchandising/point of purchase materials, online listings such as Amazon and eBay, labels/packaging, sales tools, product launch materials, customer support, building interior and exterior signage, and promotional items.
- Manage the creative workflow process from conception to actualization. Assures that consistent changes are made across all relevant assets that are affected by change.
- Manage, develop, update, and maintain graphic design for all corporate web sites, as well as assisting the efforts of Flow-Rite business partners and customers with web elements.
- Manage and preserves the Flow-Rite, Advanced Battery Steward and Hydra Unlimited brands through appropriate design and logo usage practices on products, collateral, websites and other marketing efforts.
- Production rework of pre-existing materials and designs in order to update the look and/or information of the materials.
- Recommend strategic graphical overhauls to existing designs when needed.
- Coordinate design and layout of photography and illustration.
- Manage graphical treatments of all new product launch activities.
- Work with other marketing team members to develop effective communications tools to support the sales, customer service and business development objectives of the company.
- Manage graphic support for corporate communications initiatives, as well as assists other company departments with their graphics needs. May include work on instruction manuals, presentations, recognition materials, safety promotions, etc.
- Direct all product photography, maintains an up-to-date graphics library and provides graphics to support activities such as public relations, catalog pages, etc.
- Prepare computer files or mechanicals for printers and/or film output houses (pre-press).
- Answer questions that may arise while producing output for printed pieces.
- Manage vendors to meet quality standards and reduces costs in alignment with department and company goals.
- Engage in other duties as assigned.
The stuff you know:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design a related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of graphic design/web design experience.
- Strong Macintosh background is a must.
- Superior knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Flash, Video creation software, Dreamweaver, and WordPress
- Ability to manage, prioritize and delegate multi-tasks projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven graphic design skills, including branding expertise, development of initial designs (comps), knowledge of typography, general lay-out principles and aesthetic design concepts.
- Strong knowledge of software required for graphic design, web site and web marketing projects including Adobe’s Creative Suite, WordPress, and Flash – must participate in ongoing training to keep skills current.
- Knowledge of printing, typesetting and photographic process and terminology.
- Expert in image compressions, file correction and optimization techniques.
- Good communication skills including the ability to take constructive criticism and understand the subjective nature of decision-making with internal members.
- Strong interpersonal skills that include a strict attention to detail and the ability to maintain confidentiality when required.
- Proven web site design and web marketing skills. Ability to work with programmers to develop finalized web pages, as well as web banners for paid for placement sites.
- Ability to work with a variety of internal and external customers at all levels of the Flow-rite organization.
- Must be able to take concepts and turn them into functional communications deliverables that support the clients’ stated objectives as well as meeting deadline requirements.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, and familiarity with Microsoft Applications, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results.
- Solid personal and professional ethical values and integrity.
We are passionate about providing a full service, vertically integrated operation as we continue to explore and improve a high level of products and customer care experience for all our customers, internal and external alike. For more information about Flow-Rite, a 5-time West Michigan Best and Brightest winner, visit us on the web at: www.flow-rite.com.
Submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
or mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
960 74th Street SW
Byron Center, MI 49315