We collect the following information:
- Personal information that you provide us on a voluntary basis.
- Information that your browser routinely shares with websites.
We use and disclose the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To process your orders and provide services and support that you request or register to receive.
- To open, maintain, and service your accounts.
- To our independent sales agents and authorized dealers to contact you regarding products or services that you may be interested in.
- To help us improve our Site or Application, understand our users and their preferences, and to market our products and services.
- To our contractors who provide supporting services so that they can access information needed for such services, but only on terms consistent with this policy.
- To protect our business interests or the rights of others, when required by law, to cooperate with law enforcement, or in connection with the sale or merger of all or part of our business.
The Site uses the following tracking technologies:
- Cookies, web beacons and similar technology track movement across our website and keeps track of our registered users and their preferences.
- Third parties may place cookies or web beacons and similar technology to track our users once they leave our site in order to place advertisements for our products and services on sites operated by others.
- Our current web analytics service is Google Analytics. To understand how Google Analytics collects and processes data, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Other details about our practices:
- Although the Site and Applications may contain links to other websites, this policy applies only to the Site and Applications owned or operated by Flow-Rite.
- We use your personal information only for the purposes for which it is collected and consistent with this policy, and we retain your information as permitted by applicable law.
- We may update this policy from time to time, but we will allow you to opt in to any material changes in how we use your previously collected personal information.
Information we collect
Personal information that you provide: You may visit and browse the Site without providing any personal information. We may, however, collect personal information that you provide to us on a voluntary basis. When we ask for your personal information, it is so that we can provide a product or service to you and communicate with you about that product or service, or so we can provide you information about products and services that may be of interest to you. However, you can always choose to opt out of these messages about products or services at a later time.
Information provided by your web browser: Like many other websites, and regardless of which section of the Site you are visiting, we may record information that your browser routinely shares, and we may automatically track certain information based upon your behavior on the Site (“Aggregate Information”). This information may include, for example, the URL that you have just come from (whether this URL is on our Site or not), the URL you go to next (whether this URL is on our Site or not), your computer’s browser information, mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity, text that is typed and your IP address. All Aggregate Information that is collected on the Site is collected via Google Analytics. We will not attempt to associate this data with any personally identifiable data unless required to do so to cooperate with law enforcement activity or other governmental request or to otherwise comply with law.
How we use the information we collect
We will generally use the information that we collect to help us operate the Site, to provide requested products and services, to help us understand our users and their preferences, and to market products and services to our Site’s users that may be of interest to them. The following provides a more specific discussion of our uses and disclosures of the information that we collect. We will seek your consent before we use your personal information for any other purposes.
To provide products and services: We may use the personal information collected through the Site or Application to process your orders and provide services and support that you request or register to receive. For example, if you place an order via the Site, we will use your personal information, as necessary, to process your order and communicate with you about the status of your order. We will also use the personal information collected through the Site or Application to open, maintain, administer and service your account.
To communicate with you about products or services that you may be interested in: We, or our authorized dealers or representatives, may use the personal information collected through the Site or Application to provide you information about Flow-Rite’s or its affiliates’ products or services that we believe you may be interested in. You will always be given the opportunity to unsubscribe or opt out of receiving further communications or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in the email communication.
Statistical Analyses of the information: We may use an analytics provider, such as Google Analytics, to help us gather statistical information about the visitors to our Site and how they use the Site on an anonymous, aggregate basis but will not associate this data with personally identifiable data unless required to do so to cooperate with law enforcement activity or other governmental request or to comply with law. We may use this information to gain a better understanding of the users of our Site and Application, to improve our Site and Application, and to improve our services and product offerings. Depending on the type of browser and device that you use, you may have the ability to control the type of information that Google Analytics uses. To understand how Google Analytics collects and processes data, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Business operations, law enforcement and legal actions: We may release your information without prior notice when we believe it is appropriate to prevent fraud; to comply with law or to cooperate with law enforcement activity or other governmental request; to respond to subpoenas, court orders or administrative agency requests for information; to enforce our policies; to protect the rights, property and safety of our business and of others; or when required or otherwise permitted by law. For example, we may share information with law enforcement to reduce the risk of fraud or if someone uses or attempts to use our site for illegal reasons. If there is a sale or merger of the company, division or business unit that operates this Site, we may also transfer the information we have collected in connection with such sale or merger.
Cookies and other Online Tracking Technologies
How we protect your personal information
Flow-Rite will use commercially reasonable means to protect the integrity of the Site, such as securing traffic to and from the Site using SSL encryption. However, we cannot provide absolute assurances against, and will not be liable for, any breaches of data security or confidentiality due to system failures or unauthorized access by third parties, or other causes beyond our reasonable control.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits its residents to request and receive information about a business’ disclosure of certain categories of personal information to other companies for their use in direct marketing. If you are a California resident and a user of the Site, you can request a copy of this information from Flow-Rite by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and email address in email requests, and your name and postal address in mail requests.
Changes to this policy
Our business and the laws that regulate us change from time to time, and we reserve the right to change this policy. If we do change this policy, we will post the revised version on the Site and the Application. If we propose to change our policy in a way that would permit us to make additional uses of the personal information that we had previously collected about you, we will obtain your affirmative, express consent before using your information in a materially different way.
Sweepstakes Rules & Regulations
Please read the Official Rules carefully before entering any Flow-Rite Sweepstakes. By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree that you have read and are bound by the terms and conditions set forth in the document found here.
Please contact us at email@example.com and let us know if you have any questions or comments about our policies and practices.